Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lioness at the Gate

How do I protect my home? What steps am I taking to secure that my family is safe and strong? Is it enough in this world today?

I don't have children nor do I live with my family right now, but I DO teach multiple families every day and see a large variety and struggles and dilemmas. We see on the news, hear from teenagers returning home from school, and on the covers of magazines in the checkout isle that THIS WORLD IS CRAZY! Satan is at his highest caliber to shred the family and distract us from truth. That is why motherhood is the most sacred and highest of all callings.

And say, What is thy mother? A lioness: she lay down among lions, she nourished her whelps among young lions. Ezekiel 19:2



Julie B. Beck said that mothers are the "Lioness at the gate of our homes and hearths" They are there to nourish and care, but mothers must aggressively protect their homes from the dangers that corrode our society.

"The prophetic counsel to have daily personal and family prayer, daily personal and family scripture study, and weekly family home evening are the essential, weight-bearing beams in the construction of a Christ-centered home. Without these regular practices it will be difficult to find the desired and much-needed peace and refuge from the world."

Make the spirituality of your family and children a VERY high priority, improve family prayer, home evening, and scripture study.

1 comment: