Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Phone Call from God

When I was preparing for the A.C.T. I took a specialized class that helped me get ready to take the test. I sat in the back of the class as the teacher stood at the front going over each section and what we needed to work on. Zoning out during the science section, I noticed something on the table behind me; it was the teachers cell phone. As she wrote out problems on the white board, I grabbed her phone quickly, and nested it in my lap before she noticed. Saving my number into it as "Heavenly Father," I threw it back on the table without her noticing. I commenced to send her random text messages through out the week that would put a smile on her face, I even called her a few times during class, even though she didn't pick up.


Later I thought about how many messages and calls we receive from God that we leave unanswered. We pretend that we are unavailable or busy, but in all honesty we are afraid. 

"And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the Lord, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;" 
-Jeramiah 7:13

Elder Eyering said, "Just as God called you and will guide you, He will magnify you. You will need that magnification. Your calling will surely bring opposition. You are in the Master’s service. You are His representative. Eternal lives depend on you."

I hope to never miss another call from the Lord, I want him to know that I will ALWAYS answer, and respond abruptly.

What calls from him have you missed lately that you need to call back? 

No comments:

Post a Comment